Guide Rail Rack (VNA)(Narrow Aisle)
Guide Rail Rack means Selective Rack with guide rail.
Guide rail rack is the selective rack with gide rail on the floor of forklift aisle. And then, you can shrink the forklift aisle width to 1600mm from 3000mm(～4000mm).
Basics of Guide Rail Rack
- You need a special fork lift which you can turn the fork 90° .
- You can shrink the forklift aisle width to 1600mm from 3000mm(～4000mm). Without guide rail, you need about 3m width of forklift aisle for the stand-on reach forklift. Or you need about 4m width of the forklift aisle for the sit-on counter balance forklift .
- It will help you visualize your warehouse easily so that you can get easy inventory management such as the location control, and FIFO control.
- .You can make use of the guide rail rack for picking operation. Normally you can’t use the rack higher than 2m because picking operator cannot reach the higher shelf. But, with picker type fork with guide roller ,higher rack of more than 6m is available.
- You can change the beam position up or down according to the height of your load height. (The widhth of the rack is not adjustable. )
- You can change the location of the installed rack easily. You can remove the guide rail rack easily too.
Disadvantages of Guide Rail Rack
Because you need additional guide rail and the special forklift, the total cost will be higher than the normal pallet rack.
This means the guide rail rack is recommendable for the large storage stock area which stores more than 300 or 500 pallets.
But if you compared the guide rail system with ASRS(Automated Storage Retrieval System), the guide rail rack system needs smaller cost.